I stuck with using the Coffee Date Dress as the base because it is the simplest bodice block pattern I have and I know it fits for the most part.
I shaved it down into a one shoulder as well as created the asymmetrical back pieces before sewing my first draft (white). The long back piece did not lie flat on the back so I added a horizontal dart to close up the gap. I knew the original bodice was a little loose around the waist for me so I marked how much I should take it in for the second draft (red).
Aside from taking in at the waist, I taped up where the horizontal dart would be on the first pattern and traced over the resized shape to create a new back piece. I didn’t like the look of two darts so I just wanted to remove the extra fabric without adding another dart. Luckily, that seemed to work.
Tomorrow, time to practice lining the bodice. 🙂