Refashioning men’s button-ups is nothing new, but I love following other blogs and seeing what creative spins they put on it. Now, time for my attempt.
1) I chopped off the bottom of the shirt, from waist down, and put that aside.
2) Using a seam ripper, I removed the front pockets and sleeves.
3) Basing if off the shape on an existing fitted tank top, I resized the top half of the shirt.
4) I gathered the bottom strip of fabric, aligned it with the side seams and buttons, and joined it with the top half of the shirt.
5) When I realized the top fit well except for under the armpits, I looked up a tutorial for creating darts in a tank top (see below for link). I did not execute it well, so I needed to create something to hide those darts!
6) I quickly whipped up two bows and applied them over the darts.